Krass Katt sez:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ADVISORY: The following program may prove destabilizing for dictators.
LUBBOCK, TX, July 4 -- Camera/Shy, a browser-based steganography application
from HACKTIVISMO, will be released at the H2K2 Convention in New York City
on July 13th. Camera/Shy was developed for democracy activists operating
from behind national firewalls. It allows users to trade in banned content
across the Internet. Camera/Shy is the debut release from Hacktivismo, a
special operations group sponsored by the CULT OF THE DEAD COW. Hacktivismo
offers technical solutions to the human rights community, and has over
thirty associates from North America, Europe, Russia, Israel, Australia,
Taiwan, and Korea.
"I'm really proud of everyone in the group," said Hacktivismo founder
Oxblood Ruffin. "They've made a commitment to bringing a Constitutional
Toolkit to the Internet. And although not all of us are Americans, we share
the fundamental ideals of the Constitution of the United States, especially
freedom of speech. Camera/Shy is a small first step in sharing that
Camera/Shy will be released open source under the GNU General Public
License. It is dedicated to the memory of Wang Ruowang, former doyen of the
Chinese dissident community, a study in courage, and a lamp unto our feet.
Sometimes hiding the truth is the best way to protect it, and yourself.
Designed with the non-technical user in mind, Camera/Shy's "one touch"
encryption process delivers banned content across the Internet in seconds.
Utilizing LSB steganographic techniques and AES-256 bit encryption, this
application enables users to share censored information with their friends
by hiding it in plain view as ordinary gif images.
Camera/Shy is the only
steganographic tool that automatically scans for and delivers decrypted
content straight from the Web. It is a stand-alone, Internet Explorer-based
browser that leaves no trace on the user's system. As a safety feature
Camera/Shy also includes security switches for protection against malicious
HTML. Picture that.
- Familiar and user-friendly Web browser based on Internet Explorer
- Automatic invisible cache and history clearing built in, so your browsing experience leaves no traces
- Automatic scanning of Web pages for stegged and encrypted gif files
- One-click Web page encoding into gif functionality
- One-click parsing of hidden content functionality
- All content scanned and parsed is down from the local cache, no double grabbing of content
- Automatic Rijandael encryption of all steganographic content
- Least Significant Byte pixel insertion steganography
- Relative links that would be broken are preserved as static links by the Website encrypting process
- High and moderate security browsing settings that include:
- Option to kill all active scripting, including DHTML behaviors
- Option to kill all Java and ActiveX content
- Option to disable client pull in cases where you want to ensure that the content originates from the server or local cache you are browsing
- Standalone executable file, no installer
- GIF to and from BMP, and JPEG to and from BMP utilities built in for easy GIF content selection
- Windows 95,98, ME, 2000, XP
- Internet Explorer 5 or higher (may work on earlier versions, but unsupported)
Hacktivismo is a group of international hackers, human rights workers,
artists and others who seek to further the goals of human rights through
technology. They operate under the aegis of the CULT OF THE DEAD COW (cDc).
Hacktivismo is committed to developing technologies in support of the
highest standards of human rights. For more information, please visit
ABOUT THE CULT OF THE DEAD COW
Based in Lubbock, Texas, the CULT OF THE DEAD COW (cDc) is the most
influential hacking group in the world. The cDc alumni reads like a Who's
Who of hacking and includes a former Presidential advisor on Internet
security, among others. The group is further distinguished by publishing the
longest running e-zine on the Internet [est. 1984], stretching the limits of
the First Amendment, and fighting anyone or any government that aspires to
limit free speech. For more information, please visit
ABOUT WANG RUOWANG
The Dalai Lama said it best.
CULT OF THE DEAD COW
cDc site version 666.2.0
RIP Tequila Willy
September 7, 1969 - May 25, 2015
RIP THE NIGHTSTALKER
December 29, 1951 - June 14, 2012
Click these buttons for red hott daisy chain action!
CULT OF THE DEAD COW
"The changing landscape of hacktivism" by Oxblood Ruffin
"AnonyMiss, the yin to the Anonymous yang" by Oxblood Ruffin
"The real reason Google wants out of China" by Oxblood Ruffin
"Gary McKinnon: Wanted, Dead or Alive" by Oxblood Ruffin
"Sometimes it's just like that."
by Punkle Jones
"I Love a Parade!" by G. Ratte'
- all grafx -
- all video -